Wi-Fi Calling uses Wi-Fi networks to help improve voice and data coverage. It sends and receives calls and text messages over a connected Wi-Fi network and may offer better coverage in buildings and areas of poor cellular reception.
For more information about Wi-Fi and your phone, see Wi-Fi.
Set Up Wi-Fi Calling
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling and follow the online prompts to set up Wi-Fi Calling.
- Wi-Fi Calling is set up. You will see in the status bar when Wi-Fi Calling is active.
Tip: For more information about Wi-Fi Calling, visit this FAQ link at sprint.com/support.
Enable or Disable Wi-Fi Calling
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap the top slider to turn Wi-Fi Calling on or off.
- Wi-Fi Calling will be turned on or off, and the Wi-Fi Calling icon will appear or disappear in the status bar.