Visual Voicemail Setup
This topic describes the Visual Voicemail feature of your phone's service, as well as the steps required to set up Visual Voicemail on your phone.
Visual Voicemail gives you a quick and easy way to access your voicemail. Now you can find exactly the message you are looking for without having to listen to every voicemail message first. This feature periodically goes out to your voicemail, and gathers the caller information from all of the current voicemails. It then populates a list with the caller name and number, along with the length of time and priority level of the voicemail message.
Setting up Visual Voicemail follows many of the same procedures as setting up traditional voicemail. You should set up your voicemail and personal greeting as soon as your phone is activated. Your phone automatically transfers all unanswered calls to your voicemail, even if your phone is in use or turned off.
Note: To set up your traditional voicemail box, see Voicemail Setup.
- From home, tap Apps > Voicemail .
- You’ll see a Welcome to Visual Voicemail screen.
- Scroll through the introduction screens to view a brief explanation of visual voicemail services.
- At the end of the welcome screens, you'll come to a Personalize your voicemail prompt.
- Tap Personalize and follow the system prompts to:
- Create a passcode (part of standard voicemail).
- Record your name announcement.
- Record your greeting.
Important: Voicemail Passcode – It is strongly recommended that you create a passcode when setting up your voicemail to protect against unauthorized access. Without a passcode, anyone who has access to your phone is able to access your voicemail messages.