You can use the supplied USB cable to connect your phone directly to your computer and transfer music, pictures, and other content files.
For example, if you have a music album stored on your computer that you want to listen to on your phone with any of the music apps, just attach your phone to the computer and copy the files to the music folder.
File Transfer Tips
- If you want to save data to an SD card on your phone, make sure the SD card is installed and active. See SD Card.
- Avoid turning off the phone or removing the SD card while transferring data.
- Data exchange may use the methods outlined in the following table:
Media device (MTP)
Transfer files between your phone and PC such as pictures, videos, and music.
|Camera (PTP)|| |
Transfer picture and video files from your phone to PC.
- If the PC cannot recognize your phone, you may need to install the driver first. Connect your phone to your PC using the supplied USB cable and drag down the status bar to select > Install driver. A new CD-ROM will appear on your PC and you can use the files in it to install the driver manually.
Transfer Files between the Phone and a Computer
- Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB/charging cable.
- Insert the small end of the cable to the charger/accessory jack at the bottom of the phone.
- Insert the USB end of the cable into an available USB port on your computer. You may need to remove the USB cable from the charging head to access it.
- When appears in the notifications area, drag down the status bar to display the notifications panel and tap the notification.
- Select either Media device (MTP) or Camera (PTP).
- The files on your phone can now be accessed via your computer.
- For most transfers, you'll want to use Media device (MTP).
- To change the option, tap in the notification panel to open the Connect to PC window, and then tap the desired option.
- On your computer, navigate to the detected device (such as through the My Computer menu) and open it.
- If available, select a drive (either the SD card or Phone).
- Select a folder (for example, Music for songs and albums) and copy files to it from your computer.
- When you are done, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- The transferred files are now saved to your phone or SD card.