Quickly compose and send text messages on your phone.
- From home, tap Messenger .
- On the Messenger screen, tap Compose .
- Fill in one or more recipients. You can:
- Enter the phone number or contact name directly in the "To" field. Tap Send to <number> or a match from your contacts displayed below the "To" field to add the number or contact as the recipient.
Tip: While entering the recipient, tap and to switch between the numeric and the full keyboard.
- Tap a contact below the "To" field to whom you want to send the message.
Note: If you add two or more recipients, the message may be sent as a group MMS where everyone can reply and see each other's messages. For group messaging setting, see Text and MMS Options.
- Tap .
- Tap the “Type an SMS message” box and then start composing your message.
- When done, tap Send to send the text message.