Lock and Unlock Your Screen
Your phone allows you to quickly turn the screen off when not in use and to turn it back on and unlock it when you need it.
- To quickly turn the screen off, press the Power/Lock key. Pressing the Power/Lock key again or receiving an incoming call will turn on your phone screen and show the lock screen.
To save battery power, the phone automatically turns off the screen after a certain period of time when you leave it idle. You will still be able to receive messages and calls while the phone’s screen is off.
Note: For information on how to adjust the time before the screen turns off, see Display Settings.
- To turn the screen on, press the Power/Lock key.
- The lock screen appears.
- Touch and hold an empty area of the screen to unlock it.
- The screen is unlocked.
- If you have set up a screen lock, you will be prompted to draw the pattern or enter the password or PIN. See Screen Lock.
- If you have enabled the fingerprint unlock feature, you can tap the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone. See Fingerprint Settings.
Tip: You can also touch and hold to launch Voice Search, or touch and hold to launch Camera.