Your phone offers a couple of options for importing contacts from the phone's internal storage or installed SD memory cards. This feature can be useful when you need to transfer contacts between different devices.
Before Importing Contacts from an SD Card
You will need to have copied previously backed up contacts information into your phone's internal storage See SD Card for SD card information.
Import Contacts from Internal Storage or an SD Card
- From home, tap Apps > Contacts .
- You will see the Contacts list.
- Tap Menu > Import/Export.
- You will see the Import/export contacts menu.
- Tap Import from storage.
- Select a destination for the imported contacts.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the import.
- The contacts are imported and stored in the selected account.