The Hotspot feature allows you to turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. When this feature is turned on, you can share your phone's mobile data services via Wi-Fi with other Wi-Fi enabled devices. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used).
Important: Use of the Hotspot feature requires an additional subscription. Sign on to your account at sprint.com/mysprint or access your account via My Sprint Mobile (tap Apps > My Sprint ) to learn more.
Note: Turning on Hotspot will disable your phone's connection to other Wi-Fi networks.
Set Up Hotspot
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Hotspot.
- The Hotspot window opens.
- Tap the slider to turn Hotspot on.
- Hotspot is enabled.
- To disable Hotspot, tap the slider again.
Note: The best way to keep using the phone as a hotspot is to have it connected to a power supply.
Important: Write down the passkey (password) for this communication (shown onscreen).
Connect to Hotspot
- Enable Wi-Fi (wireless) functionality on your target device (laptop, media device, etc.).
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your phone hotspot from the network list.
- The default name for your phone hotspot is N9560_xxxxxx. You can change the name by tapping Configure > Network name from the Hotspot screen.
- Select this phone and follow your onscreen instructions to enter the password (provided on the Hotspot page).
- The device is connected via your phone’s Hotspot.
- Launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.