The Fingerprint settings menu lets you register up to five fingerprints with the fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone, and use them to unlock the phone or open designated apps. You can also tap the fingerprint sensor to take photos and answer calls.
Note: The fingerprint feature is only usable when the screen lock (Pattern, PIN, or Password) is enabled. When the screen lock is reset to None or Long press, all registered fingerprints are erased.
Register a Fingerprint
Before using your fingerprint for unlocking the phone or opening designated apps, you need to register at least one fingerprint.
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Security.
- The Security settings menu opens.
- Tap Fingerprint.
- If you have set a pattern, PIN, or password as the screen lock, follow the screen prompt to input it.
- If you have not set a pattern, PIN, or password as the screen lock, follow the screen prompt to set one up as the backup screen lock method.
- Tap Register or Fingerprint > Add fingerprint.
- Follow the prompts to put your finger on the fingerprint sensor to record the center and then the edges of the finger.
- Tap OK.
- The fingerprint is successfully recorded. You can now use it unlock the phone or open a designated app.
Tip: In the Fingerprint management screen, tap an existing fingerprint record to change its name or delete it.
Set Fingerprint Actions
- From the Fingerprint screen home, tap the switches next to Wake up and unlock your phone, Take photo, or Answer call, or tap Quick-open app to assign an app to each registered fingerprint.
- Wake up and unlock your phone: When the screen lock (Pattern, PIN or Password) is enabled, you can wake up the phone and unlock it with a registered fingerprint.
- Quick-open app: When the screen lock (Pattern, PIN or Password) is enabled, you can unlock the phone and open different apps with different registered fingerprints.
- Take photo: Press the fingerprint sensor with any finger (registered or not) to take a photo when the Camera app is opened.
- Answer call: Press the fingerprint sensor with any finger (registered or not) to answer incoming calls.