The data usage menu lets you view your phone’s mobile and Wi-Fi data usage, set data limits, restrict data or hotspot usage, and more.
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Data usage.
- The data usage window opens.
Data Usage Settings Operations
- Check Total Mobile Data Usage in the Current Billing Cycle: In the Data usage window, the mobile data usage in the current cycle is displayed directly in the Usage section.
- Restrict Data Access: From the Data usage window, tap Data saver and slide the switch to turn this feature on.
Data saver can prevent some apps from using data in the background or accessing less data when you are using it.
With Data saver turned on, you can still allow certain apps to have unrestricted data access. From the Data usage window, tap Unrestricted data access and turn on the switch next to the apps you need.
- Enable Mobile Data: In Data usage window, tap the Cellular data slider to enable or disable the service.
- If a confirmation appears, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Check Data Usage for Each Application: To see how your data is being used in the current time cycle, tap Cellular data usage and tap an app name to see its usage for the period.
- With each app, you can restrict its background data access or give it unrestricted data access even when Data saver is on.
- Set Date for Resetting Data Usage: To set the data usage measuring cycle, from the Data usage window, tap Billing cycle > Billing cycle, set a reset date, and tap Set.
- This setting is available when mobile data is enabled.
- In addition, you can data warning and data limit.
- Check Wi-Fi Data Usage: From the Data usage window, tap Wi-Fi data usage.
- Restrict Background Data Usage on Metered Wi-Fi Networks: From the Data usage window, tap Network restrictions and tap the slider next to the metered network.