If you do not already have a Google Account, you can create one online or using your phone.
Note: You can also create and sign into your Google/Gmail account through your phone’s Setup application.
Note: Although you need a Gmail account to use certain features of your phone, such as Google Play, you do not need to use Gmail as the default account for your phone.
Create a Google Account Online
- From a computer, launch a Web browser and navigate to google.com.
- On the main page, click Sign in > Create an account.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to create your free account.
- Look for an email from Google in the email box you provided, and respond to the email to confirm and activate your new account.
Create a Google Account Using Your Phone
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Accounts > Add account.
- Tap Google and then tap Or create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. Tap Next to proceed between steps, which may include:
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- Enter your basic information.
- Enter a desired Username.
- Enter and reenter a password.
- Enter your phone number for signing in, recovering your password, and connecting with friends.
- Select Google service options.
- Tap Next.
- You are signed in to your Google Account, and your phone will synchronize the selected items.
Note: When setting up a new Google Account, either on your phone or online, you will be prompted to add a phone number. This phone number is used to authenticate your account should you ever encounter problems or forget your password. It is strongly encouraged for Android users so you can regain access to Google services and purchases on your phone.