The setup screens help you set up certain features and preferences on your phone. Once your phone has been turned on, you will see a Welcome message. You can then complete the setup process.
Note: You may be able to complete the setup screens before your phone has been activated on your account.
- On the Talkback screen, activate the Talkback feature by double-tapping the center of the screen if you have sight problems, or tap Accessibility to explore other accessibility features.
- If you have no accessibility problem with the phone, tap Next.
- On the Language screen, select a language and tap Next to get started.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete each section. For each topic, you will have the option to skip it and continue to the next screen.
- Select Wi-Fi network – If prompted, follow the prompts to sign in to an available Wi-Fi network. For secured Wi-Fi networks, you will need to enter a password. See Wi-Fi for more details.
- Welcome to your N9560 – Restore data from another device or set up the phone as new.
- Google services – Select your Google location and service options and then tap Next.
- Name – If applicable, enter your first and last name and tap Next. This information is used by the phone to personalize certain apps.
- Unlock with fingerprint – Add fingerprint information with the fingerprint sensor, or tap Skip > Skip anyway.
Note: You can always manage your fingerprints in Settings. See Screen Lock.
- Anything else? – Add personal or work email accounts or tap All set to skip.
Note: You can always add email accounts in Settings.
- Tap Done.
- In the Accelerated Location screen, check Location consent to use Qualcomm IZat location feature and tap Next.
- Your phone is now set up for use. If you skipped any part of the setup, you can access additional options through the Apps screen or through Settings.
Note: You do not need to sign up for a Google Account to use your phone. However, to download apps from Google Play, you must link your phone to a Google Account.