The camera's viewfinder screen lets you view your subject and access camera controls and options.
- Switch view mode: Switch between the back camera lens and the front-facing camera lens (for self-portraits, video chatting, etc.).
- Self-timer: Set a time delay before the camera takes a picture after you tap the shutter icon, or turns off this feature.
- HDR: Turn HDR on or off.
- Flash: Select a flash mode for the camera.
- Settings: Change camera and camcorder settings. See Set Camera Functions.
- Exit: Exit the Camera app.
- Filters: Select a filter for your picture or video.
- Capture picture: Tap the icon to take a picture.
- Captured picture/video: View pictures and videos you have captured.
- Switch camera mode: Select a camera mode when using the back camera. In addition to the default Photo mode, you can tap Manual to adjust some advanced professional options, tap Video to capture a video, or tap ... to use multi-exposure, panorama, or timelapse modes.
Learn More About Your Phone's Camera
For an overview of your phone's camera and its features, you can access more information through the phone's settings menu.
- From home, tap Camera .
- The camera viewfinder appears.
- Tap Settings > Help > More, and tap a topic to learn more.