Your phone’s Backup & reset menu lets you back up your phone’s data and settings to Google servers before resetting your phone to the original factory settings. The Factory data reset erases all data from the phone’s application storage, including:
- Your Google Account
- All other email and social networking accounts
- System and application data and settings
- Downloaded applications
Backup and Reset Overview
The following options are available in the Back up and reset menu:
Backup and Reset Option
Back up my data
Enable backup for application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to Google servers
|Backup account|| |
Select the account used to back up data
|Automatic restore|| |
When reinstalling an application, backed up settings and data will be restored
|Factory data reset|| |
Reset all settings and delete all data on phone
- Performing a factory data reset erases all data on the phone. It is recommended that you back up important data before performing a factory data reset.
- Erased information cannot be restored. Only erase data after you are sure you have saved everything you need.
Access Backup and Reset Options
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Backup & reset.
- The Backup & reset menu opens.
- Set options.
- The backup and reset settings are applied and saved.
- If you’re performing a Factory data reset, follow the prompts to confirm the data removal. The phone will erase all data and reboot.
Tip: Before performing a factory data reset on your phone, you may want to unmount an installed SD memory card to avoid losing any data you may have stored on it. From home, tap Apps > Settings > Storage and tap Unmount next to the name of your SD card.
- From the Backup & reset menu, tap Factory data reset.
- Read the factory data reset information page and tap Reset phone.
- If an SD memory card is installed as a portable storage, you can check Erase SD card to clear all user data on it during the reset process.
- Tap Erase everything.
- Your phone will power down and reset itself, which may take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the phone has reset, it will run through the Hands Free Activation and update processes again. When finished, you will see the Welcome screen and Setup application. See Complete the Setup Screens to start over.