The following information lets you know how to answer incoming calls, mute the ringer on incoming calls, reject incoming calls, and more.
When you receive a phone call from a contact, the Incoming call screen appears and displays the caller ID icon, name, and phone number of the calling party. When you receive a phone call from someone who is not stored in Contacts, only the default caller ID icon and phone number appear on the Incoming call screen.
Note: If your phone is turned off, all calls automatically go to voicemail.
- When a call arrives, slide down to to answer it.
- The call begins.
- To end the call, tap .
- The call ends.
Mute the Ringing Sound
To mute the ringer without rejecting the call, you can do one of the following:
- Press the Volume keys.
- Press the Power/Lock key.
- Tap Home .
- Tap Back .
- Tap Recent Apps .
- When a call arrives, slide up to to reject it.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and the call will be sent directly to voicemail.
Reject a Call and Send a Text Message
You can reject an incoming call and automatically send a text message to the caller.
- When a call arrives, tap Message reject at the bottom of the screen.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and you will see a list of preset text messages.
- Tap one of the messages to send it to the caller or write your own.
- The selected message or the message you write will be delivered to the caller.
- You can edit the reject messages through the Phone app settings menu. From the phone app, tap Menu > Settings > Quick responses and tap a message to edit it.