You can add widgets to your phone’s home screen. Widgets are self-contained apps that display on a home screen. Unlike a shortcut, the Widget works like as an onscreen application. There are all kinds of widgets, including links to a specific contact, Internet bookmarks, Gmail and email accounts, and many others.
- From home, touch and hold an empty space, and then tap Widgets.
- The Widgets list opens.
- Touch and hold a widget icon.
- The icon will disengage and float with your finger.
- Drag the icon to an empty location on one of the home screens.
- The widget is added to the home screen.
Note: If there are fewer than eight extended home screens, you can add a new extended home screen while you add a widget. Just drag the widget icon to the right edge of the screen and drop it after you reach the right-most screen.