The SIM card is an IC card containing the device number and other customer information. Your device's SIM card is preinstalled and should only be accessed if directed by a customer service representative.
Handling a SIM Card
Keep the following in mind when handling a SIM card.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by inserting the SIM card in another-brand IC card reader, etc. Sprint is not responsible in such a case.
- Always keep the IC chip clean.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth.
- Avoid applying labels. May damage SIM card.
- See instructions included with SIM card for handling.
- The SIM card is the property of Sprint.
- The SIM card is replaceable (at cost) in case of loss/damage.
- Return the SIM card to Sprint when canceling subscription.
- Returned SIM cards are recycled for environmental purposes.
- Note that SIM card specifications and performance may change without notice.
- It is recommended that you keep a separate copy of information that is stored on SIM card. Sprint is not responsible for damages from stored information that is lost.
- Always follow emergency procedures to suspend service if your SIM card or device (SIM card inserted) is lost or stolen. For details, contact Customer Service.
- Always power off the device before inserting/removing the SIM card.
Insert SIM Card
Follow these instructions to insert a SIM card. Remember to power off your device before inserting a SIM card.
Note: Your device’s SIM card is preinstalled. These instructions are for reference only.
- To open the SIM card cover, press down firmly on the lower back cover and pull down as indicated in the image above.
- Insert the SIM card as shown in the picture above.
- Insert gently with gold IC chip facing downward.
- Replace the SIM cover by gently pressing down and sliding forward until you feel a click.