Follow the instructions below to activate your device if it has not already been activated.
Depending on your account or how and where you purchased your USB modem, it may be ready to use or you may need to activate it on your Sprint account.
- If you purchased your device at a Sprint Store, it is probably activated and ready to use.
- If you received your device in the mail and it is for a new Sprint account or a new line of service, it is designed to activate automatically.
- When you plug the device into your computer for the first time, open your Web browser and go to http://sprintmodem or http://192.168.10.1. You should see a Hands Free Activation message in your Web browser, which may be followed by a PRL Update screen and a Firmware Update screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
- If you received your device in the mail and you are activating a new device for an existing number on your account (you’re swapping devices), you can activate on your computer online.
- Activate on your computer:
- Go to sprint.com/activate and complete the online instructions to activate your device.
To confirm activation, navigate to any Web page. If your device is still not activated or you do not have access to the Internet, visit sprint.com/support for assistance. If you do not have access to the Internet, call Sprint Customer Service at 1-888-211-4727.
Note: If you are having any difficulty with activation, visit sprint.com/support.