Open topic with navigation
Use Your Phone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
You can share your phone’s data connection with several devices at once, by turning your phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. The feature needs data connection on a mobile network and may result in data charges.
Note: When the portable Wi-Fi hotspot feature is enabled, you cannot access the Internet with any application on your phone via its Wi-Fi connection. You still remain connected to the Internet via your mobile data network.
- Touch > > Settings > Portable hotspot.
- Touch CONFIGURE and enter the hotspot settings.
- Network SSID: Enter or edit a network SSID (name) that other devices see when scanning for Wi-Fi networks.
- Broadcast SSID: Enable or disable the broadcast of your network SSID. If the broadcast is disabled, other users need to get your network SSID to find the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Security: Select the type of security you want: Open (not recommended), WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK (other users can access your mobile hotspot only if they enter the correct password). When you select WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK, touch Password to edit the security password.
- Touch Save to save your settings.
- Slide the Portable hotspot switch box to the ON position to turn on the hotspot.
Note: You can touch > Manage Users to manage your mobile Wi-Fi hotspot users, or touch > Advanced to set advanced hotspot options.
To connect a device to your mobile Wi-Fi hotspot:
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device (for example, a laptop computer).
- Select the Network SSID for your mobile hotspot and enter the password if prompted.
– or –
If your device supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup, touch the WPS icon on the device, and then touch WPS BUTTON in Wi-Fi hotspot screen on your phone.
- When “Connected” appears on your device, launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.