Open topic with navigation
Set Up Your Phone
You must install and charge the battery before setting up your phone.
Insert and Charge the Battery
- Install the battery.
- Insert your fingernail into the slot at the bottom of the battery compartment cover and lift the cover up gently.
- Insert the battery, contacts end first, and gently press the battery into place.
- Replace the battery compartment cover, making sure all the tabs are secure and there are no gaps around the cover.
Note: When you insert the battery, your phone may power on automatically.
- Charge your battery.
- Plug the USB connector into the charger/accessory jack on the lower left side of your phone.
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet.
Note: Your phone’s battery should have enough charge for the phone to turn on and find a signal, run the setup application, set up voicemail, and make a call. You should fully charge the battery as soon as possible.
- Press and hold the power button to turn the phone on.
- If your phone is activated, it will turn on and search for Sprint service.