Open topic with navigation
Sprint Mobile Hotspot allows you to turn your device into a Wi-Fi hotspot. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used). See 4G Services for more information.
To set up Sprint Hotspot:
- Press and tap > (Sprint Hotspot)
- Tap the ON/OFF slider next to Sprint Hotspot to toggle Sprint Hotspot ON and activate the service.
- When active, the Notifications area of the status bar shows Hotspot activated.
Note: Connect your charger to your device if you plan to use Sprint Hotspot for an extended period.
Important! Upon activation, any current Wi-Fi connection to an access point is terminated.
To connect to Sprint Hotspot:
- Enable Wi-Fi on your target device (laptop, media device, etc.).
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your hotspot from the network list.
- The network name for Sprint Hotspot on your device will be in the form of SPH-P500XXX. (“XXX” represents a number unique to your device.) You can change the name by tapping Sprint Hotspot settings from the Sprint Hotspot screen.
- Select this device and follow your onscreen instructions to enter the passkey (provided on the Sprint Hotspot page).
- Launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.
To adjust your Sprint Hotspot settings:
- Press and tap > > Configure.
- Configure the Sprint Hotspot name (Network SSID), visibility to other devices (Hide my device), security (Security, Password, Show password), and advanced options (including Broadcast channel and Maximum connections).
- Tap Save to store the new hotspot settings.