Open topic with navigation
Activate Your Device
Depending on your account or how and where you purchased your device, it may be ready to use or you may need to activate it on your Sprint account.
- If you purchased your device at a Sprint Store, it is probably activated and ready to use.
- If you received your device in the mail and it is for a new Sprint account or a new line of service, it is designed to activate automatically.
- When you turn the device on for the first time, you should see a Hands Free Activation screen, which may be followed by a PRL Update screen and a Firmware Update screen. The screen reboots after the Firmware Update completes.
- If you received your device in the mail and you are activating a new device for an existing number on your account (you’re swapping devices), you can activate on your computer online or directly on your device.
- Activate on your computer: Go to sprint.com/activate and complete the online instructions to activate your device.
- Activate on your device:
- Turn on your new device. (Make sure the old one is turned off.) Your device will automatically attempt Hands-Free Activation.
- Tap Activate to override auto-activation and start the manual activation wizard.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the activation process.
- To confirm activation, launch the Internet. If your device is still not activated or you do not have access to the Internet, contact Sprint Customer Service at 1-888-211-4727 for assistance.
Tip: Do not press the Power/Lock button while the device is being activated. Pressing the Power/Lock button cancels the activation process.
Note: If you are having any difficulty with activation, contact Sprint Customer Service by calling 1-888-211-4727.