Open topic with navigation
Swype is a new way to enter text on touch screens. Instead of touching each key individually, use your finger to trace over the letters of a word. For each word, place your finger on the first letter and glide to the subsequent letters, lifting on the last letter.
- Press and then tap > Settings > My device.
- Tap Language and input, and then tap next to Swype to configure these options:
- Settings: Set Swype options:
- Vibrate on keypress: When enabled, the device vibrates for your Swype touches.
- Sound on keypress: When enabled, the device plays sounds for your Swype touches.
- Pop-up on keypress: When enabled, the characters display briefly as you tap keys.
- Show complete trace: When enabled, Swype displays the trace of each word until you start the next word.
- Auto-capitalization: When enabled, Swype automatically capitalizes the first word of sentences.
- Auto-spacing: When enabled, Swype automatically inserts spaces between words as you complete them.
- Next word prediction: When enabled, Swype predicts the next word based on the previous word.
- Show Voice key: When enabled, a Voice input key displays on the Swype keyboard.
- My Words: Choose options for customizing Swype based on your text entries.
- Backup & Sync: Use Swype Connect to back up your words.
- Living Language: When enabled, Swype will automatically update with popular new words.
- Social integration: Log into your favorite social networking sites to use your entries there to update Swype,
- Edit my dictionary: Modify words added to Swype.
- Clear language data: Delete all the words you’ve added to the Swype dictionary.
- Contribute usage data: Allow Nuance to collect usage data to provide better text prediction.
- Cellular data: When enabled, Swype can use your phone’s connection to the wireless data network for updates, language downloads, and other Swype Connect features.
- Languages: Choose the current language for Swype, and download new languages to use with Swype.
- Gestures: Learn about shortcuts you can use on the keyboard to quickly accomplish common tasks.
- Help: Learn about using Swype.
- How to Swype: Learn about using Swype.
- Show helpful tips: When enabled, tips display on the screen as you enter text.
- Updates: Check for updates to Swype, and install them if desired.