Open topic with navigation
Sprint Mobile Hotspot allows you to turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used). See 4G Services for more information.
Set Up Sprint Hotspot
- Press and tap > Sprint hotspot.
- Tap the ON/OFF slider next to Sprint hotspot to turn Sprint hotspot ON.
- When active, the Notifications area of the status bar shows Hotspot activated.
Note: Connect your charger to your phone if you plan to use Sprint Hotspot for an extended period.
Important! Upon activation, any current Wi-Fi connection to an access point is terminated.
Connect to Sprint Hotspot
- Enable Wi-Fi on your target device (laptop, media device, etc.).
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the phone and select your hotspot from the network list.
- The network name for Sprint Hotspot on your phone will be in the form of SPH-L710XXX. (“XXX” represents a three-digit number unique to your phone.) You can change the name by tapping Sprint Hotspot settings from the Sprint Hotspot screen.
- Select this phone and follow your onscreen instructions to enter the passkey (provided on the Sprint Hotspot page).
- Launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.
Adjust Your Sprint Hotspot Settings
- Press and tap > Sprint hotspot > Configure.
- Configure the Network (SSID), device visibility (Hide my device), Security [Open, WPA PSK, or WPA2 PSK], Password, password visibility (Show password), and advanced options.
- Tap Save to store the new hotspot settings.