Open topic with navigation
Samsung Keyboard Settings
The Samsung Keyboard is an onscreen QWERTY keyboard, so you can enter text by “typing” on the keyboard. Samsung keyboard is enabled by default, and you can choose options for using it.
- Press and then tap > Settings > Language and input.
- Tap Language and input, and then tap next to Samsung keyboard to configure these options:
- Portrait keyboard types: Choose the default keypad when the screen is in portrait mode, from QWERTY or 3x4 keyboard (similar to a phone keypad).
- Input languages: Choose language(s) for use with Samsung keyboard. When you have more than one language enabled, you can slide your finger on the space bar while entering text to switch languages.
- Predictive text: Tap the ON/OFF switch to turn predictive text On or Off. Predictive text suggests words to match your text entries, and optionally, completes common words automatically. Tap Predictive text to configure options:
- Personalized data: When enabled, predictive text uses personal language data you have entered to make better predictions. Samsung keyboard can collect all the text you enter, including personal data and credit card numbers, in order to give better prediction results.
- Learn from Gmail: Log into Gmail to allow your phone to learn from your Gmail email.
- Learn from Facebook: Log into Facebook to allow your phone to learn from your Facebook postings.
- Learn from Twitter: Log into Twitter to allow your phone to learn from your Twitter postings.
- Learn from Messaging: Allow your phone to learn from your text and multimedia messages.
- Learn from Contacts: Allow your phone to learn from your Contacts entries.
- Clear personalized data: Remove all personalized data you have entered.
- T9 Trace: When enabled, you can enter text by sliding your finger across the keys on the keyboard.
- Recognition type: Choose the type of handwriting recognition, from strokes, or complete letters.
- Recognition time: Choose the length of time the keyboard waits to evaluate handwriting gestures.
- Pen thickness: Choose the size of handwriting strokes on the screen.
- Pen color: Choose the color of handwriting strokes on screen.
- Gesture guide: Learn about handwriting gestures.
- Tutorial: Learn about using Handwriting to enter text.
- About: View information about Samsung keyboard handwriting.
- Auto-capitalization: When enabled, predictive text automatically capitalizes words in your text based on common usage, such as at the beginning of sentences.
- Auto-punctuate: When enabled, a period and space are automatically entered to end a sentence, when you tap the space bar twice.
- Character preview: When enabled, characters available on the key you touch display briefly as you enter text.
- Key-tap vibration: When enabled, a vibration plays for your key touches.
- Key-tap sound: When enabled, a sound plays for your key touches.
- Tutorial: Learn about Samsung Keyboard.
- Reset settings: Return settings to the defaults.