Open topic with navigation
Kies via Wi-Fi
Kies via Wi-Fi allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with your phone provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi network. You can view and share call logs, videos, photos, music, bookmarks, ringtones, and even send SMS messages from your PC.
Note: To sync your phone to your PC it is highly recommended that you install Samsung Kies which is available at samsung.com/kies (for Windows/Mac).
Using Kies via Wi-Fi
- Sign onto the same Wi-Fi network from your phone and from your PC.
- Press > and tap Settings > More settings > Kies via Wi-Fi.
- Kies begins to can for other devices on your Wi-Fi network. To restart the scan, tap Scan devices.
- If prompted, select a network. Choose from either Wi-Fi or Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Write down the onscreen URL address.
Important! Both your phone and your computer must be connected to the same Wireless Access Point (WAP).
- From your computer, enter the URL in your Web browser.
- If prompted, an Access Request prompt is displayed on your device. Tap Allow to permit connection between the computer and device.
Note: You may be prompted to run a Java plugin for a TransferManagerApplet. Click Run.
- Tap the Remember for today checkbox if you will be using Kies with the same PC later.
- From your PC, a security warning may be displayed asking if you want to run this application. Click Run to continue.
- On your PC, the Kies via Wi-Fi screen displays.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to view and share information between your phone and PC.