The SIM card is an IC card containing phone number and other customer information. Your phone’s SIM card is preinstalled and should only be accessed if directed by a customer service representative.
Handling a SIM Card
Keep the following in mind when handling a SIM card:
- You are responsible for any damage caused by inserting the SIM card in another brand IC card reader, etc. Sprint is not responsible in such a case.
- Always keep the IC chip clean.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth.
- Avoid applying labels. May damage SIM card.
- See instructions included with SIM card for handling.
- The SIM card is the property of Sprint.
- The SIM card is replaceable (at cost) in case of loss/damage.
- Return the SIM card to Sprint when canceling subscription.
- Returned SIM cards are recycled for environmental purposes.
- Note that SIM card specifications and performance may change without notice.
- It is recommended that you keep a separate copy of information that is stored on SIM card. Sprint is not responsible for damages from stored information that is lost.
- Always follow emergency procedures to suspend service if your SIM card or phone (SIM card inserted) is lost or stolen. For details, contact Customer Service.
- Always power off the phone before inserting/removing the SIM card.
Insert SIM Card
Follow these instructions to insert a SIM card. Remember to power off your phone before inserting a SIM card.
Note: Your phone’s SIM card is preinstalled. These instructions are for reference only.
Caution: Exercise care when using the removal tool to eject the internal SIM card/Memory card tray.
- Insert the removal tool into the hole on the SIM card/Memory card tray, and push until the tray pops out.
- Place the SIM card on the tray.
- Make sure that the card’s gold contacts face down into the device and that the card is positioned as shown.
- Slide the SIM card/Memory card tray back into the slot.
Caution: If the SIM card is not inserted correctly, the device cannot detect it. Reorient the card and place it back into the slot if the SIM card is not detected.
Maintaining Water and Dust Resistance
Note: Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP68 rating, which tests submersion up to 5.0 feet for up to 30 minutes.
This device is rated IP68 using the Ingress Protection rating system.
Your device has been tested in a controlled environment and shown to be water and dust resistant in certain circumstances (meets requirements of classification IP68 as described by the international standard IEC 60529 - Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures [IP Code]; test conditions: 15‑35°C, 86‑106 kPa, 5.0 feet, for 30 minutes). Despite this classification, your device is not impervious to water damage in any situation. It is important that all compartments are closed tightly.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device.
- Whenever your device gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- Do not expose the device to salt water or ionized water, or to water over 5.0 feet deep for more than 30 minutes. If your device is exposed to fresh water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. If the device is exposed to any liquid other than fresh water, rinse the device with fresh water immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Failure to rinse the device in fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause the device to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
- Do not expose the device to water at high pressure.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust resistant features of the device may be damaged.
- The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other liquids.