Use the touchscreen virtual keyboard for entering text. The keyboard appears automatically when you tap a text entry field, and can be used in either portrait or landscape mode. You can also use the Google voice typing option to enter text using your voice (see Google Voice Typing for details).
The Samsung keyboard offers a traditional QWERTY keyboard setup for entering text by tapping keys (like on a computer), along with enhancements and options that allow you to enter text faster and more accurately, such as continuous key input, personalized usage dictionaries, and more.
Assign Samsung Keyboard for Text Entry
If you have multiple text input methods installed on your device, you can select the Samsung keyboard to be your default text input method from Settings, or you can choose it at any time while entering text.
Note: The Samsung keyboard is the default text input method on your phone. Additional keyboards and input methods are available for download from the Google Play store. See Google Play Store.
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > General management > Language and input > Virtual keyboard, and then choose Samsung keyboard.
Use Samsung Keyboard to Enter Text
- Tap keys to enter text. While entering text, use these options:
- If you make a mistake, tap Delete to delete incorrect characters. Touch and hold Delete to delete a whole word or field.
- Tap Shift to change the case of the text (the arrow will turn blue). Tap Shift twice to switch to all capitals (the key will turn blue).
- Tap Symbols to switch to a symbols keyboard. Tap ABC to return to the regular keyboard.
- Tap Voice typing to switch to Google Voice™ typing to enter text by speaking. See Google Voice Typing.
- Touch and hold Options to open an options menu. Select from the following options.
- Voice typing: Switch to Google voice typing.
- Clipboard: Attach a screenshot or other item from the clipboard.
- Emoticon: Insert an emoticon.
- One-handed input keyboard: Use a keyboard designed for one hand.
- Keyboard settings: View the Samsung keyboard settings menu.
- If you have more than one language selected in Samsung Keyboard settings, you can swipe your finger over Spacebar to switch between languages.
Configure Samsung Keyboard
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > General management > Language and input.> Virtual keyboard > Samsung keyboard.