The following information lets you know how to answer incoming calls, mute the ringer on incoming calls, reject incoming calls, and more.
When you receive a phone call from a contact, the Incoming call screen appears and displays the caller ID icon, name, and phone number of the calling party. When you receive a phone call from someone who is not stored in Contacts, only the default caller ID icon and phone number appear on the Incoming call screen.
Note: If your phone is turned off, all calls automatically go to voicemail.
- When a call arrives, slide Answer to the right to answer it.
- The call begins.
- To end the call, tap End .
- The call ends.
Mute the Ringing Sound
To mute the ringer without rejecting the call, you can do either of the following:
- Press the Volume key down.
- Place the phone face down on a level surface.
- When a call arrives, slide Reject to the left to reject it.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and the call will be sent directly to voicemail.
Reject a Call and Send a Text Message
You can reject an incoming call and automatically send a text message to the caller.
- When a call arrives, slide Send message up from the bottom of the screen.
- The ringtone or vibration will stop and you will see a list of preset text messages.
- Tap one of the messages to send it to the caller.
- The selected message will be delivered to the caller.
- You can edit the reject messages through the Call settings menu. From the phone app, tap More options > Settings > Quick decline messages and edit or create a reject message.