You can add widgets to your phone’s home screen. Widgets are self-contained apps that display on a home screen. Unlike a shortcut, the Widget works like as an onscreen application. There are all kinds of widgets, including links to a specific contact, Internet bookmarks, Facebook status windows, Gmail and email accounts, and many others.
- From home, touch and hold an empty space, and then tap Widgets .
- The Widgets list opens.
- Touch and hold a widget icon.
- The icon will disengage and you will see your home screens.
- Drag the icon to an empty location on one of the home screens.
- The widget is added to the home screen.