Turn Your Phone On and Off
The instructions below explain how to turn your phone on and off.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key.
- Your phone will power on. Depending on the settings, you may see the lock screen.
- See Lock and Unlock Your Screen and Screen Lock for information about using the screen lock.
- The first time you turn the phone on, you will see the startup screens. See Complete the Setup Screens for details.
- If your phone is not yet activated, see Activate Your Phone for more information.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key to display the device options menu.
- Tap Power off to turn the phone off.
- Your phone will power off.
Your screen remains blank while your phone is off (unless the battery is charging).