Your phone’s notifications appear at the left side of the status bar, and you can access the full notification panel by pulling down the status bar. From there, you can check notifications, download updates, open messaging apps, use the quick settings menu, and more.
Open the Notification Panel
- Pull down the status bar. (Slide your finger down from the top of the screen.)
- The notification panel opens. To check notifications, tap an item in the list.
Close the Notification Panel
- Slide the notification panel up. (Slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen.)
– or –
Tap Back to close the notification panel.
Notification Panel Layout
The notification panel gives you access both to notifications and the quick settings menu.
Notification Panel Quick Settings
The Quick Settings list at the top of the notification panel lets you quickly access frequently used settings options. Scroll left or right to display all available settings, and tap an icon to turn the selected feature on or off.
You can customize which settings are available in your Quick Settings list.
- From home, drag the status bar down to display the notification panel.
- Tap Expand > More options > Edit to display the quick settings panel options.
- Drag buttons to arrange which options appear in the quick settings panel.
- You will see two sets of buttons, Active Buttons on top and Available Buttons below.
- To add, remove, or move a button, touch and hold it and move it to the desired location.
- Tap Done when you are finished.
Note: You can only move buttons from Active to Available or vice-versa if there is space in the destination area. For example, if there are already ten Active buttons, you will need to move one to Available before dragging a different Available button up to the Active area.
Tip: To change the layout grid of buttons, tap Expand > More options > Button layout.