Set or clear default applications for certain built-in features of the phone.
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Applications > More options > Default applications.
- Tap each default setting to see what services or applications are available to set as the default.
- Browser app: Choose a default browser app.
- Calling app: Choose a default calling app.
- Messaging app: Choose a default messaging (text and multimedia) app.
- Default app selection: Automatically set default apps or be asked before setting an app as the default.
- Set as default: Choose default apps for other functions.
- Home screen: Choose a Home screen type.
- Device assistance app: Choose an app that provides assistance for using your device.
Note: If you choose a default messaging app other than Messages (Google Hangouts™ for example), you will not be able to use the Messages app unless you restore it as the default messaging app.