Open topic with navigation
Add a Contact
You can add contacts from the Contacts application. Enter details such as name, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, and more.
- From home, tap Apps > Contacts .
- You will see the Contacts list.
- Tap Add to add a contact.
- The Add Contact screen appears.
- If you have multiple account types associated with your phone, select a contact type.
- Select Google if you want to save contacts to your Google Account; these will be synced automatically with your Google Account online.
- Select Device as the sync account if you want your contacts on your phone only; they will not be synced with your Google Account.
- Select Samsung account if you want to save contacts to your Samsung account; these will be synced automatically with your Samsung account online.
- Use the keyboard to enter as much information as you want.
- Picture : Tap the picture icon to assign a picture to the contact.
- Name: Enter the name of the contact.
- Phone number: Enter the phone number for the contact.
- Email: Enter email addresses for the contact.
- Groups: Assign the contact to a group.
- More: Show additional fields such as IM address, Notes, Nickname, Web address, etc. You will also see options to set a personalized ringtone, message tone, and vibration pattern for the new contact.
- Scan business card: Take a picture of a business card to add the information for the contact.
Note: To select a type (label) for a phone number, email address, or postal address (such as Mobile, Home, Work, etc.), tap the type to the right of the field and select the appropriate type.
Note: To add more phone numbers, email addresses, etc., tap on the right side of the entry field.
- When you have finished adding information, tap Save.
Save a Phone Number
You can save a phone number to Contacts directly from the phone keypad.
- From home, tap Phone .
- Enter a phone number and tap Add to Contacts.
- To add the number to an existing contact, tap Update existing. To add a new contact, tap Create contact.
- For an existing contact, tap the contact name and select a number type for the new number.
- For a new contact, enter the name and any additional information.
- Tap Save.