Open topic with navigation
Use the Google Maps app to determine your location, find directions, browse local businesses and attractions, rate and review places, and more.
Note: To use Google Maps, you will need to have your phone's Location feature turned on. See Location Settings for information about enabling Location on your phone.
View Maps of Specified Places
Use Google Maps to locate and map a specific address or destination.
- From home, tap Apps > Maps .
- Tap in the search box to start a search.
- Enter an address, city, facility name, etc., and then tap a candidate in the results list.
- A map of the specified location opens.
Google Maps Options
- Viewing Current Location: From the Maps app, tap Location .
- Obtain Useful Area Information for Current Location: Tap the Search field, enter the information you are looking for, and then tap a result to view it.
- View Traffic Information, Aerial Photos, Etc.: Tap Menu and then tap Traffic, Satellite, Google Earth, etc.
- Check Route to Destination: Tap Directions , enter your current location and your destination, and then tap a method of transport (car, public transit, bicycle, or on foot) to see available routes.
- Check Detailed Operation for Maps: From the Maps app, tap Menu > Help.