Open topic with navigation
Complete the Setup Screens
The setup screens help you set up certain features and preferences on your phone. Once your phone has been turned on, you will see a Welcome message. You can then complete the setup process.
Note: You may be able to complete the setup screens before your phone has been activated on your account.
- From the Welcome screen, select a language and tap Start to get started.
- To skip any section, tap Next or Skip.
Note: On the Welcome screen, there may also be an Accessibility button. If you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, tap Accessibility to change the accessibility settings.
- Follow the prompts to complete each section. For each topic, you will have the option to skip it and continue to the next screen.
- Wi-Fi – If prompted, follow the prompts to sign in to an available Wi-Fi® network. For secured Wi-Fi networks, you will need to enter a password. See Wi-Fi for more details.
- Terms and Conditions – Read any applicable End User License Agreements or Terms and Conditions for using your phone, and tap Next > Agree to continue.
- Personalize your phone – If applicable, enter your first and last name and tap Next. This information is used by the phone to personalize certain apps.
- Protect your phone – Prevent others from using this phone without your permission by activating device protection features.
- Google services – Select your Google location and service options and then tap Next.
- Samsung account – Enter your email account and password to sign in to your current Samsung account, or tap Create account to set up a new Samsung account.
- Easy mode – Switch between the default screen layout and a simpler layout. The Easy mode layout has larger text and icons, making for a more straightforward visual experience
- Tap Finish. Your setup is now complete.
- Your phone is now set up for use. If you skipped any part of the setup, you can access additional options through the Apps screen or through Settings.