Open topic with navigation
Add a Contact
You can add contacts directly from the Contacts application. Enter details such as name, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, and more.
- From home, tap Apps > Contacts.
- Tap Add, and then tap contact fields to enter information.
- Choose a storage account for the contact. You can choose Device to store the contact on the phone, or choose an account.
- Tap Add photo to assign a picture to the new contact:
- Tap the Name field to use the onscreen keyboard to enter the full name. Tap Expand for additional name fields.
- Tap the Phone number field, and then enter the phone number. Tap Add to add another phone number. Tap Label to choose a label for the number. If you add more than one phone number, you will be prompted to choose a default phone number. The default phone number is the one your phone will use in most cases.
- Tap Add beside Email to enter an email address. If you add more than one email address, you will be prompted to choose a default email address. The default email address is the one your phone will use in most cases.
- Tap Groups to assign the contact to a group.
- Tap Ringtone to choose a ringtone to play for calls from the contact.
- Tap Add another field to add new fields for the contact.
- Tap Save to save the new contact.