Open topic with navigation
Enable Global Roaming Mode
Your phone is designed to enter global roaming mode automatically when you activate your Sprint Worldwide service, meaning that it should automatically connect to an appropriate CDMA/LTE network or GSM/UMTS network when you travel. You may set global roaming options through the settings menu. You may also need to set your network mode options through the settings menu.
To set your roaming options manually:
- Press and tap > Settings > Connections > More networks > Roaming.
- Select a category and settings for each category.
- Roaming network: Select Automatic for international use. Home only restricts use to the Nationwide Sprint Network only.
- Roaming settings: Under Domestic CDMA and International CDMA, select the Voice and Data check marks. Under GSM, select the Data check mark.
- Roaming guard: Select your roaming guard preferences for Domestic CDMA, International CDMA, and GSM networks.
To set your network mode options manually:
- Press and tap > Settings > Connections > More networks > Mobile networks > Network mode.
- To allow connections to CDMA or LTE networks only, touch CDMA or LTE/CDMA.
- To allow connections to GSM or UMTS networks only, touch GSM/UMTS.
- To allow connections to available CDMA/LTE or GSM/UMTS networks, touch Automatic. This is the recommended setting for international use.