Open topic with navigation
Text and MMS Options
The messages settings menu lets you control options for your text and MMS messages including message limits, size settings, and notifications.
- Press and tap .
- Tap > Settings.
- Bubble style: allows you to choose from several bubble styles for your messages. Bubbles are the boxes that surround each message.
- Background style: allows you to choose from several background styles for your messages.
- Split view: allows you to split the view when your phone is rotated to a landscape orientation.
- Use the volume key: allows you to change the text size by using the up or down volume keys.
- Delete old messages: Enable this option to delete older text messages that exceed the defined maximum number of text messages limit set below.
- Text message limit: Sets the maximum number of text messages that can be stored on the phone (per conversation).
- Multimedia message limit: Sets the maximum number of multimedia messages that can be stored on the phone (per conversation).
- Text templates: This screen displays your available text message reply templates. This is a readily accessible list of both default and user-defined text snippets that can be used to quickly reply to incoming messages.
- To add a new template, tap , enter a message, and tap Save.
- To edit an existing template, tap it, make your changes, and then tap Save.
Text Message (SMS) Settings
- Auto combination: Assemble multi-segment messages into a single message.
Multimedia Message (MMS) Settings
- Auto-retrieve: Enable this option to automatically retrieve the entire content of your MMS message. When checked, the MMS message header, message body, and any attachments will automatically download to your phone.
- If you disable this option, only the MMS message header will be retrieved and shown in the message list.
- Roaming auto-retrieve: Disable this option if you only desire the MMS message headers to download while roaming. Enable this option to automatically download your complete multimedia messages even while roaming.
- MMS alert: prompts you with an alert if the text mode changes from SMS to MMS.
- Notifications: allows you to hear message alerts and see message notifications on your status bar.
- Select ringtone: allows you to set the ringtone for your message notifications.
- Vibrate: allows you to set vibrate options for when a new text or multimedia message arrives.
- Message alert repetition: allows you to set the interval for new message alerts. Choose from: Once, Every 2 minutes, or Every 10 minutes.
- Preview message: allows you to view a brief preview of new message text on the Status bar.
Emergency Message Settings
This device is designed to receive wireless emergency alerts from the Commercial Mobile Alerting System (CMAS); which may also be known as the Personal Localized Alerting Network (PLAN). If your wireless provider has chosen to participate in CMAS/PLAN, alerts are available while in the provider's coverage area. If you travel outside your provider's coverage area, wireless emergency alerts may not be available. For more information, please contact your wireless provider.
Emergency Alerts allows customers to receive geographically-targeted messages. Alert messages are provided by the US Department of Homeland Security and will alert customers of imminent threats to their safety within their area. There is no charge for receiving an Emergency Alert message.
- Emergency Alerts: allows you to configure emergency alert settings. You can enable/disable those alert categories you wish to receive. Choose from: Extreme Alert, Severe Alert, Amber Alert, and Emergency alert test messages.
- Presidential Alerts broadcast warning in the event of a federal emergency.
Note: The Presidential alert cannot be disabled.
- Extreme Alerts broadcast an alert with warning level of extreme classification.
- Severe Alerts broadcast an alert with warning level of severe classification.
- Amber Alerts broadcast child abductions and relevant details.
- Emergency alerttest messages broadcast messages intended only to test the CMAS system.
- Emergency notification preview: allows you to play a sample emergency alert tone. Tap Stop to cancel the playback.
- Vibrate: allows you to enable or disable vibrate for emergency messages.
- Alert reminder: allows you to configure the reminder interval. Choose from Once, Every2 minutes, Every 15 minutes, or Off.
- Add signature: allows you to create a signature at the end of your outgoing text messages.
- Signature text: allows you to enter a desired signature for your message.
Spam Message Settings
- Spam settings: allows you to configure available spam settings such as:
- Register number as spam: allows you to manually enter and assign a phone number as being sent from a spam source.
- Register phrase as spam: allows you to assign a specific text phrase as belonging to a spam message.
- Block unknown senders: automatically blocks incoming messages from unknown sources or blocked numbers.