The SIM card is an IC card containing phone number and other customer information. Your phone’s SIM card is preinstalled and should only be accessed if directed by a customer service representative.
Handling a SIM Card
Keep the following in mind when handling a SIM card:
- You are responsible for any damage caused by inserting the SIM card in another brand IC card reader, etc. Sprint is not responsible in such a case.
- Always keep the IC chip clean.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth.
- Avoid applying labels. May damage SIM card.
- See instructions included with SIM card for handling.
- The SIM card is the property of Sprint.
- The SIM card is replaceable (at cost) in case of loss/damage.
- Return the SIM card to Sprint when canceling subscription.
- Returned SIM cards are recycled for environmental purposes.
- Note that SIM card specifications and performance may change without notice.
- It is recommended that you keep a separate copy of information that is stored on SIM card. Sprint is not responsible for damages from stored information that is lost.
- Always follow emergency procedures to suspend service if your SIM card or phone (SIM card inserted) is lost or stolen. For details, contact Customer Service.
- Always power off the phone before inserting/removing the SIM card.
Insert SIM Card
Follow these instructions to insert a SIM card. Remember to power off your phone before inserting a SIM card.
Note: Your phone’s SIM card is preinstalled. These instructions are for reference only.
Caution: Exercise care when using the removal tool to eject the internal SIM card/Memory card tray.
- Insert the removal tool into the hole on the SIM card/Memory card tray, and push until the tray pops out.
- Place the SIM card on the tray.
- Make sure that the card’s gold contacts face down into the device and that the card is positioned as shown.
- Slide the SIM card/Memory card tray back into the slot.
Important: To prevent water and dust from entering the device, remove any dust on the gasket and ensure that the SIM card tray is closed tightly.
Caution: If the SIM card is not inserted correctly, the device cannot detect it. Reorient the card and place it back into the slot if the SIM card is not detected.