Hotspot allows you to turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. When this feature is turned on, you can share your phone's mobile data services using Wi-Fi with other Wi-Fi enabled devices. The feature works best when used in conjunction with 4G data services (although 3G service can also be used).
Important: Use of the Hotspot feature requires an additional subscription. Sign on to your account at sprint.com/mysprint or access your account using Sprint Zone (tap Apps > Sprint Zone ) to learn more.
Note: Turning Hotspot on will disable your phone's connection to other Wi-Fi networks.
Set Up Hotspot
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Hotspot and Tethering > Hotspot.
- Tap On/Off to turn Hotspot on.
- Hotspot is enabled.
- To disable Hotspot, tap On/Off again.
Note: The best way to keep using the phone as a hotspot is to have it connected to a power supply.
Important: Write down the passkey (password) for this communication (shown onscreen).
Connect to Hotspot
- Enable Wi-Fi (wireless) functionality on your target device (laptop, media device, etc.).
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your phone hotspot from the network list.
- You can change the default name by tapping More options > Configure Hotpot and entering a new Network name.
- Select this phone and follow your prompts to enter the passkey (provided on the Hotspot page).
- The device is connected using your phone’s Hotspot.
- Launch your Web browser to confirm you have an Internet connection.