Direct Pen Input
When filling out a form field in an app (like Name or Number in Contacts), you can open a Handwriting window to allow you to write an entry with the S Pen rather than type.
To use the Handwriting window:
- When filling out a form field, hover the S Pen over the field until the Handwriting icon appears.
- Tap Handwriting . The Handwriting window appears.
- Use the space provided in the window to write an entry by hand using the S Pen. While writing, your entries are converted into text.
- To edit the converted text, use the Space, Delete, and Enter icons. To change the position of the cursor, drag the pointer below the cursor to the desired position for editing.
- In Messages, tap Drawing mode to draw an image and attach it to your message.
- When finished, tap Done.