The setup screens help you set up certain features and preferences on your phone. Once your phone has been turned on, you will see a Welcome message. You can then complete the setup process.
Note: You may be able to complete the setup screens before your phone has been activated on your account.
- From the Welcome screen, select a language and tap Start to get started.
- To skip any section, tap Next or Skip.
Note: On the Welcome screen, there may also be an Accessibility button. If you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, tap Accessibility to change the accessibility settings.
- Follow the prompts to complete each section. For each topic, you will have the option to skip it and continue to the next screen.
- Wi-Fi – If prompted, follow the prompts to sign in to an available Wi-Fi® network. For secured Wi-Fi networks, you will need to enter a password. See Wi-Fi for more details.
- Terms and Conditions – Read any applicable End User License Agreements or Terms and Conditions for using your phone, and tap Next > Agree to continue.
- Got another device? – If you have another Android™ phone, you can quickly transfer you setup to this phone.
- Google (Add your account) – Tap Enter your email and complete the steps to sign in to your current Google Account, or tap Or create a new account to set up a new Google Account. Tap Skip to skip Google setup. The following options may apply depending on your selection:
Note: When you sign in to a Google Account on your device, Factory Reset Protection is turned on. Factory Reset Protection (FRP) prevents other people from using your device if it is reset to factory settings without your permission. See Factory Reset Protection for more information.
- Or create a new account – Follow the instructions to sign up for a new Google Account. There will be screens to enter your first and last names, create an email address (Gmail), create a password, enter recovery information (including a backup email address and recovery question), an option to join Google+™, and an option to enable purchases from the Google Play™ store app. Tap Next between each screen.
- Set up payment info – Select billing options for purchases made through Google Play. Select Remind me later to skip this step.
- Get your apps & data – If you are using a Google Account you had set up on a previous Android device, you can choose to use that device's backup information to restore backed-up apps, data, system settings, Wi-Fi passwords, etc., from the previous device to your new phone. Tap Set up as a new device to skip this step.
- Date & time – Adjust the date and time, if necessary.
- Personalize your phone – If applicable, enter your first and last name and tap Next. This information is used by the phone to personalize certain apps.
- Set up email – Set up an email account.
- Protect your phone – Set up a screen lock to prevent others from using the phone without your permission.
- Google services – Select your Google location and service options and then tap Next.
- Samsung account – Enter your email account and password to sign in to your current Samsung account, or tap Create account to set up a new Samsung account.
- Get your content: Restore your content, such as images, contacts and more from Samsung Cloud, or by copying content from your old device using a USB cable.
- Tap Finish. Your setup is now complete. Follow the prompts to learn about basic tap menu navigation, view tutorials, or just get started.
- Your phone is now set up for use. If you skipped any part of the setup, you can access additional options through the Apps screen or through Settings.
Note: You do not need to sign up for a Google Account to use your phone. However, to download apps from Google Play, you must link your phone to a Google Account.