Charge the Battery
Your device is powered by a rechargeable, standard Li-Ion battery. A USB charger (charging head and USB cable) is included with the device, for charging the battery from any standard outlet.
The battery comes partially charged. You can use the device while charging.
Charge Using the AC Adapter (Charging Head)
It is recommended you fully charge the battery before using your device for the first time.
Note: For fastest charging times, use the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger that came with your device. This charger provides faster charging only when connected to devices that support Adaptive Fast Charging.
Caution: Use only charging devices and batteries that are approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
- Insert the USB cable into the USB charger/Accessory port.
- Connect the USB cable to the charging head, and then plug the charging head into a standard outlet.
- Unplug the charging head from the outlet and remove the USB cable from the device when charging is complete.
Note: This device is also compatible with wireless charging devices approved by Samsung, which are sold separately.
The included USB connector allows you to charge another device through a USB cable. When connected, your battery is used to charge the other device, and Charging appears on your device.
You can also use the USB connector for transferring contacts, photos, and other content from an old device. For more information, see Smart Switch.
You can use the included Micro-USB connector to connect a Micro-USB cable (such as from your old device) to your new device for charging with the charging head, or for connecting to a computer.
Note: The Micro-USB connector does not support On-the-Go (OTG) devices such as memory sticks, external hard drives, or keyboard and mouse accessories.
Charge Using a PC Connection
Before using a PC connection to charge your phone, ensure that the computer is turned on. Depending on the type of connection, your phone’s battery may not charge.
- Insert the small end of the USB cable into the USB charger/accessory port on the bottom of your phone.
- Insert the large end of the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- After charging, remove the USB cable from both the phone and the computer.