The camera's viewfinder screen lets you view your subject and access camera controls and options.
- Portrait: Adjust skin tone of faces.
- Gallery: View your picture or video in the Gallery application.
- Capture picture: Take a picture.
- Record video: Begin recording video.
- Camera, Modes, or Effects: Swipe right to change the shooting mode. Swipe left to add an effects filter.
- Switch cameras: Switch between the rear camera and the front camera.
- HDR Auto: Enable the light sensitivity and color depth features of the device to produce a brighter and richer picture.
- Flash: Activate or deactivate the flash. Toggle through flash options—on, auto, or off (rear camera only).
- Camera settings: Opens the camera settings menu and lets you change additional camera settings. See Camera Settings.
Learn More About Your Phone's Camera
For an overview of your phone's camera and its features, you can access more information through the camera settings menu.
- From home, tap Apps > Camera .
- The camera viewfinder appears.
- Tap Settings > Help, and tap a topic to learn more.