Your phone’s Backup and reset menu lets you back up your phone’s data and settings to Google servers before resetting your phone to the original factory settings. The Factory data reset erases all data from the phone’s application storage, including:
- Your Samsung account
- Your Google Account
- All other email and social networking accounts
- System and application data and settings
- Downloaded applications
Backup and Reset Overview
The following options are available in the Backup and reset menu:
Backup and Reset Option
|Back up my data|| |
Enable backup for application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to your Samsung account.
When reinstalling an application, backed up settings and data will be restored from your Samsung account.
|Back up my data|| |
Enable backup for application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to your Google Account.
|Backup account|| |
Select the Google Account used to back up data.
|Automatic restore|| |
When reinstalling an application, backed up settings and data will be restored from your Google Account.
|Auto restart|| |
Optimize your device by restarting it automatically at set times. The device only restarts if it is not in use and battery power is more than 30%.
|Reset settings|| |
Reset your device to its factory default settings, resetting everything except the security, language, and account settings. Personal data is not affected.
|Reset network settings|| |
Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth settings with Reset network settings.
|Factory data reset|| |
Reset all settings and delete all data on phone.
- Performing a factory data reset erases all data on the phone. It is recommended that you back up important data before performing a factory data reset.
- Erased information cannot be restored. Only erase data after you are sure you have saved everything you need.
Access Backup and Reset Options
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Cloud and accounts .
- Tap Backup and reset.
- The Backup and reset menu opens.
- Set options.
- The backup and reset settings are applied and saved.
- If you are performing a Factory data reset, follow the prompts to confirm the data removal. The phone will erase all data and reboot.
Important: After performing a Factory data reset, you will need to sign in to the phone using the same Google Account and password previously associated with the phone. If you wish to remove this restriction, you will need to remove all Google Accounts from the phone before performing the Factory data reset. See Factory Reset Protection for details.