If you are saving contacts to an account that does not automatically back them up to the Cloud, you can manually back them up to an optional installed SD card for re-import if needed.
Before Backing Up Contacts to an SD Card
You will need to have installed an SD card (not included) into your phone before you can back up your contacts. See SD Card for SD card information.
Back Up Contacts to Your SD Card
- From home, tap Apps > Contacts .
- You will see the Contacts list.
- Tap More options > Settings > Import/export contacts.
- You will see the Import/Export contacts menu.
- Tap Export and follow the prompts to complete the export.
- The contacts are exported and saved to the installed SD card.