Open topic with navigation
Complete the Setup
After you turn on your phone and activate it, your phone displays a Welcome screen. From the Welcome screen follow the prompts to set up features and preferences on your phone.
Note: In some cases, you may be able to complete the setup process before your phone has been activated on your Sprint account.
- At the Welcome screen, select a language and tap Start.
- Follow the instructions to configure your phone’s basic options, such Wi-Fi® connections, EULA & Diagnostic Data, location settings, and more.
- Google Account: Many of your phone’s applications, such as Gmail™, Google Hangouts™, and the Google Play™ store, require a Google™ Account. To use these applications, you must set up your Google Account on your phone. Complete the steps to sign in to your current Google Account, or sign up for a new Google Account.
- Samsung Account: Your Samsung account is used for access to Samsung apps and services. Complete the steps to sign in to your current Samsung account, or sign up for a new Samsung account.
- Reactivation Lock: Protect your device in case it is lost or stolen by stopping other people from reactivating your device after it has been reset. You need a Samsung account to use this service.
- Tap Finish to complete setup.
- You may see a series of informational or update screens. Follow the prompts to continue.