Open topic with navigation
Add a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Account
The Email application also provides access to your Microsoft Exchange account from your phone. If your company uses Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, or 2010 as the corporate email system, you can use this email application to wirelessly synchronize your email, Contacts, and Task information directly with your company’s Exchange server.
You can set up multiple Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync accounts on your phone.
Important: Before setting up a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Account, contact your company’s Exchange Server administrator for information you’ll need while setting up the account.
- Press and tap > Settings > General.
- Tap Accounts > Add account > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your email address and password. To see your password as you enter it, tap Show password.
- Tap Manual setup and then enter your settings. You may need to consult your network administrator for this information:
- Domain\Username: Enter your network domain and username, separated by “\”.
- Password: Enter your network access password (case-sensitive).
- Exchange Server: Enter your system’s Exchange server remote email address. Obtain this information from your company network administrator.
- Use secure connection (SSL): Tap to place a checkmark in the box, if your system requires SSL encryption.
- Use client certification: Tap to place a checkmark in the box, if your system requires certification.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to configure options for the account.
- Tap Done to complete setup.
Note: You can also add email accounts from the Email app.