Check the questions and answers below for troubleshooting solutions for common phone issues.
Check Here First
Problem: Phone freezes/operation is unstable.
Solution: Turn the phone on again. If you are unable to turn the phone off, remove and replace the Battery, and then turn the phone on again. Data that was being edited is erased after your phone is powered on again.
Problem: Operation is unstable after a new application was installed.
Solution: The newly installed application may be the cause. Uninstall the application in Safe mode. See Uninstall an App. To turn the phone on in Safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key > touch and hold Power off, read the disclaimer for safe mode, and then tap OK.
- After turning the phone on in Safe mode, “Safe Mode” appears at lower left.
- After restarting in Safe mode, your phone can be powered on as usual.
- Before turning the phone on in Safe mode, it is recommended that you back up important data.
- By powering the phone on in Safe mode, added widgets may be deleted.
Problem: Cannot use phone, mail, or Internet.
Solution 1: Check whether you are where signal is weak or out of service area.
Solution 2: Power the phone on again.
Solution 3: Is the phone in Airplane mode? To check that Airplane mode is canceled:
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Connections > Airplane mode.
Solution 4: Is data communication disabled? To check that data communication is enabled:
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Connections > Data usage > Mobile data.
Solution 5: Is a disabled access point set? To reset to initial settings:
- From home, tap Apps > Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > More options > Reset to default.
Problem: Battery level goes down quickly.
Solution: Are you where signal is weak or have been out of service area for a long period? Calling where signal is weak or being out of service area uses a lot of Battery.
Problem: Cannot install applications.
Solution: Applications cannot be installed with only a little free space on the phone or SD card. To check free space, see Storage Settings. Applications not supported by your phone cannot be installed.
Problem: Cannot unlock screen.
Solution: Power the phone on again. If you are unable to turn the phone off, remove and replace the Battery, and then power the phone on again. Data that was being edited is erased after the phone is powered on again.