Setting up Visual Voicemail follows many of the same procedures as setting up traditional voicemail. You should set up your voicemail and personal greeting as soon as your phone is activated. Your phone automatically transfers all unanswered calls to your voicemail, even if your phone is in use or turned off.
Note: To set up your traditional voicemail box, see Voicemail.
- From home, tap Apps > Voicemail .
– or –
Tap Phone , and then tap Voicemail to access your Visual Voicemail.
- You will see a Welcome to Visual Voicemail screen.
- Scroll through the Welcome to Visual Voicemail introduction screens to view a brief explanation of the visual voicemail services.
- At the end of the welcome screens, a Personalize your voicemail prompt displays.
- Tap Personalize and follow the system prompts to:
- Create a passcode (part of standard voicemail).
- Record your name announcement.
- Record your greeting.
Important: Voicemail Passcode – It is strongly recommended that you create a passcode when setting up your voicemail to protect against unauthorized access. Without a passcode, anyone who has access to your phone is able to access your voicemail messages.